- 2007-Now: PhD studies
Software Composition Group at the University of Bern
- 2006-2007: EMOOSE
European Master in Object-, Component-, and Aspect-Oriented Software Engineering Technologies, taught in English, Five months at Ecole de Mines de Nantes, France Six months at Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina
- 2004-2006: Master of Science in Theoretical Computer Science,
Graduated with Distinction in July of 2006. University, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium,
- 2003-2006: Board member of the student organization Infogroep. Learning to work closely together with other people from different positions, among which vice president and server administrator.
- 2005: Research assistant at the Programming Technology Laboratory at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. Acquiring the ability to work independently on a bigger project in communication with other researchers through presentations.
Personal Skills and Competences
- Languages: Smalltalk, Ruby, Python, Prolog, Haskell, Scheme, Lisp, … and the ability to learn new languages
- System administration: Linux, MacOSX, Windows
- Paradigms: Object-Oriented, Component-Oriented, Aspect-Oriented, Logical, Procedural, Functional
Spoken Languages: dutch: mother tongue, english: ability to use daily, french: communication and lecture, spanish: communication and lecture
Various: Driving license
Making as well as listening to music and going to concerts, painting and drawing. Sporadically doing sports, mostly swimming. Working on, with and around computers. Going out, meeting people.