[Pier] How to enable safety

Lukas Renggli renggli at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Feb 16 10:15:10 MET 2006

Hi,

>     I'm running a Seaside/Pier web site. Overall, the wiki/kernel
> framework is cool, as I knew, it can support security and had object
> storage solution, thanks to added-on Krypon/Magma packages, but for
> the time being in current versions, I can not find the way to disable
> the edit function in the frontpages, i.e. anyone can edit my pages
> without the need to log in.

what security framework are you using? The Access-Control-List (ACL)
of Philippe Marschall or the Unix Permissions based one that I wrote?
At least with my framework I know it is possible to disable editing
the root page, by removing the edit-permissions of 'others' ...

It is very interesting that you are using Krypon/Magma together with
Pier. Do you have any code to share? What is your server-setup?

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli